Friday, July 09, 2010

Cumpleaños 106 de Pablo Neruda



Red Poppy and The WORD Party invite you to a fiesta de la poesia—a special night of poetry and performance to celebrate the 106th birthday of Chilean poet and activist Pablo Neruda! The evening will feature readings of Neruda’s poetry in English and Spanish, as well as poetry inspired by the humanitarian Nobel Laureate. We will also show a VIDEOPOEM of Pablo Neruda, "Poema XV" directed by Adrian Arias, as part of "The Poet's Calling", the critically acclaimed work-in-progress documentary by Mark Eisner.

Performers:
Adrian Arias
Jennifer Barone
Neeli Cherkovski
Ingrid Keir
Nina Serrano
Jonathan Siegel

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great seeing your performance/reading/video at the Neruda tribute!

Do you by any chance have an online copy of the poems you read from your Moleskin that evening? They were great - but my Spanish is rusty so I don't think I got everything. Of what I understood, I thought there was great lyricism and musicality.

I got a copy of your chapbook at the event, and hope to see a larger volume of your poems in the future (maybe a bilingual edition?). Thanks!

AA said...

Hello Reg, please let me know your e-mail to answer the questions (peace and poetry - adrian)